Entry ban lifted on select foreigners
The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) has lifted an entry ban on four groups of foreign nationals, in line with the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration's (CCSA) easing of Covid-19 travel restrictions.
CAAT director Chula Sukmanop said the agency's easing of travel restrictions for non-Thai nationals, which will take effect on Tuesday, does not apply to ordinary tourists, but only to select groups of foreigners.
The four groups are non-Thai nationals with a certificate of permanent residency, including their spouses and children; non-Thai nationals with work permits, including their spouses and children; non-Thai nationals permitted to enter under a special arrangement; and migrant workers whose employers are allowed to bring in workers.
According to Mr Chula, all incoming visitors are required to strictly observe the country's disease-control measures.
To be allowed to enter Thailand, each must have a certificate of entry issued by a Thai embassy or consular office in their country, a health certificate showing the visitor is free of Covid-19 and a health insurance policy. Upon arriving, the visitors will be quarantined 14 days at state venues or alternative quarantine locations.
The CCSA also said health screening procedures would remain as strict as it was prior to the easing of travel restrictions, saying those who tested positive will not be allowed to enter the country.
Learn from listening
- insurance: an arrangement in which you regularly pay an insurance company an amount of money so that they will give you money if something you own is damaged, lost, or stolen, or if you die or are ill or injured - การประกัน
- migrant: someone who travels to another place or country in order to find work (an immigrant is someone who comes to live in a country from another country) - ผู้อพยพ, คนงานต่างถิ่น
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน
- observe: to obey rules, laws, etc - ยินยอมทำตาม (ทางกฎหมายหรือประเพณี)
- residency: living in a place, being a resident - ผู้ที่อาศัยในท้องที่
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- select (adj): specially chosen - ถูกคัดเลือก
- spouses (noun): husbands or wives - คู่สมรส
- strict: demanding that rules are obeyed; very careful and exact - เข้มงวด
- work permit (noun): the official permission for a foreigner to work in a country - ใบอนุญาตทำงาน