Video shows cameras being removed from shootout gambling den
A video spreading on social media shows men removing the security cameras at a gambling den in Bangkok's Yannawa district where four people were shot dead on Monday night, one of them an off-duty police major.
"Remove all (cameras)," says a man in the video. "Use pliers to cut all electrical wires," another says.
"Any motorcyclists have chains? Use them to lock the doors," the man added.
There had been about two dozen cameras inside and outside the building.
Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Pol Lt Gen Pakapong Pongpetra admitted on Wednesday that the cameras were missing.
A police major was killed by a man he had reportedly been arguing with over a gambling debt. Two women were also hit and killed. The shooter was then shot dead by another man, said to be a casino employee, who ran away.
Former MP Chuwit Kamolvisit told Spring News on Wednesday the gambling den had been operating for more than 20 years and was run by a man known as "Hia Tee".
- baccarat: a card game in which players hold two or three cards each and bet on whose cards will have the highest number left highest number left - การเล่นไพ่แบ็กคาระ
- casino: a building where gambling games, especially roulette and card games are played for money - บ่อนการพนัน
- chain (noun): a series of connected metal rings, used for pulling or fastening things; a length of chain used for a particular purpose - โซ่
- debt (noun): an amount of money that you owe - หนี้, นี้สิน
- dozen: a group of twelve of the same thing - หนึ่งโหล
- dump (verb): to get rid of, to cause to fall (rain, snow, etc.) - ทิ้ง
- fatal: causing someone to die - ถึงตาย
- gambling: the activity of betting money, for example in a game or on a horse race - การพนัน
- gambling den (noun): an illegal gambling place, a place where people gamble illegally - บ่อนการพนัน
- pliers: a small tool used for cutting or bending objects -
- premises: the buildings and land that a business or organisation uses - ที่ดินและสิ่งปลูกสร้าง
- surreptitiously: done secretly or quickly, in the hope that other people will not notice - แอบ ๆ ซ่อน ๆ