'Batman' gets Covid-19
LOS ANGELES: Filming in Britain for the latest Batman movie has been halted after its star Robert Pattinson reportedly tested positive for the coronavirus.
"A member of 'The Batman' production has tested positive for Covid-19, and is isolating in accordance with established protocols," Warner Bros. said in a statement to AFP.
"Filming is temporarily paused."
The studio did not name the person infected or say when filming would resume.
However a number of Hollywood trade publications, including Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, said they had confirmed that 34-year-old Pattinson was the sick cast member.
The stop in production comes as Hollywood scrambles to get back to work after the pandemic stopped all film and TV shoots in March.
Several major Hollywood blockbusters resumed filming in the last two months, a number of them in Britain, which loosened coronavirus travel rules to allow casts and crew to fly in for work.
On Wednesday, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed that his entire family had tested positive for coronavirus but had all made a full recovery.
Other celebrities who have fallen ill with coronavirus include actors Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko and British actor Idris Elba.
Learn from listening
- entire: including everything, everyone or every part - ทั้งหมด
- isolate: to separate from other people - แยกจากกัน
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- pause (verb): to stop talking or stop what you are doing for a short time - หยุดระหว่างพูด, หยุดชั่วขณะ
- protocol: a system of fixed rules and formal behaviour - ระเบียบการ
- scramble: to do something in a hurry - รีบเร่ง
- shoot: an occasion when somebody takes professional photographs for a particular purpose or makes a film/movie - การถ่ายภาพ
- temporarily: for a limited period of time - ชั่วคราว
- test positive: to show in a medical test that a particular virus, bacteria, disease or drug is present in the body - ตรวจพบว่าติดเชื้อ
- trade: a type of business - การค้าขาย