THAI sells 'holy' flight
Thai Airways International (THAI) has launched a special flight that flies over 99 sacred sites in the kingdom on Nov 30.
Wiwat Piyawiroj, executive vice president for THAI's commercial operations, said the special flight is part of a programme aimed at helping the tourism sector.
He revealed that "the new travel experience" is part of THAI's "Magical Flying Experience" campaign.
Mr Wiwat said passengers will fly over the 99 holy sites in the capital and 31 provinces, as they chant mantras.
"There will be no landing during the flight and passengers will receive positive energy from chanting while onboard," he said.
The three-hour flight will take off from Suvarnabhumi airport at 1.30pm and return at 4.30pm on Nov 30, Mr Wiwat added.
Worshippers interested in booking a seat can expect to pay about 10,000 baht for business class and about 6,000 baht for economy.
Learn from listening
- chant: to keep shouting or singing a word or phrase many times - โห่ร้อง, โห่ร้องต้อนรับ, ร้องเพลง
- energy: the physical and mental effort that you use to do something - กำลัง, พละกำลัง
- holy: important in a moral and religious way - ศักดิ์สิทธิ์
- mantra: a word, phrase or sound that is repeated again and again, especially during prayer or meditation - บทสวดมนต์
- sacred: considered to be holy - ศักดิ์สิทธิ์
- sector: a part of a country’s economic or business activity - ภาค (เศรษฐกิจ)
- worshipper: someone who is showing love and respect for God, especially during a religious ceremony or prayer - ผู้นับถือ,ผู้สักการะบูชา, ผู้สวดมนตร์