Bomb comment lands airline passenger in trouble
A passenger was arrested after he was heard saying "I think this airline should be bombed" as he was boarding a plane at Phuket International Airport on Monday.
The incident occurred about 12.10pm as Mike Wims, 26, a Thai from Ayutthaya, was boarding a Thai Vietjet flight to Suvarnabhumi.
Airline employee Jitpisut Prom-in was checking his boarding pass. As she was handing it back to him Mr Mike allegedly said, "I think this airline should be bombed."
Ms Jitpisut was frightened by the comment and asked her colleague to inform airport security.
Mr Mike was held by airport security and charged with making a false remark which may cause panic.
Mr Mike admitted he had made a "slip of the tongue" out of anger.
Although he did not say what made him angry, it was believed he was frustrated by a flight delay.
Learn from listening
- allegedly: claimed to have done something wrong, but not yet proven - ที่กล่าวหา
- boarding pass: a card that a passenger must have to be allowed to enter an aircraft or a ship - ใบขึ้นเครื่องบิน
- bomb (v): to attack something with a bomb -
- frightened (adj): afraid; feeling fear - กลัว, ตกใจ, สะดุ้งตกใจกลัว
- frustrated: feeling annoyed and impatient because you are prevented from achieving something - ผิดหวัง,ท้อแท้ใจมาก, หงุดหงิดใจ
- panic: a sudden strong feeling of fear or worry that causes you to be unable to think clearly or calmly - ความตื่นตกใจ
- remark: something said - คำพูด
- slip of the tongue (idiom): a minor mistake in speech -