Motorist killed in expressway car plunge
A motorist was crushed to death when his car plunged from the Bang Na-Chon Buri elevated expressway onto the highway below early on Wednesday.
The accident occurred shortly after midnight.
The car, a Nissan Almera, crashed through the side barrier as it approached an exit to the tollgate, and plummeted 30 metres down to the Bang Na-Trat highway.
It landed upside down. The driver, Posawat Chanlekha, 30, was crushed in his seat.
Ruam Katanyu Foundation rescuers used hydraulic jacks to free his body from the car.
Police investigators were examining surveillance camera recordings to learn the cause of accident.
- barrier: a bar or gate that stops people, animals or vehicles from entering a place - สิ่งกีดขวางทางผ่าน
- crush: to press something so hard that it breaks into very small pieces - กด บีบอัด
- hydraulic: using the pressure of water or oil to make something work - ซึ่งใช้น้ำในการขับเคลื่อน
- jack (n): a device for lifting heavy objects, especially cars -
- plummet: to fall suddenly; to suddenly become much lower - ตกฮวบลง
- plunge (noun): fall; falling; a sudden movement downwards or away from something - การตกอย่างรวดเร็ว, การพุ่งลงไป
- surveillance camera: a camera kept in a place to record what happens there, especially criminal activity - กล้องวงจรปิดเพื่อรักษาการความปลอดภัย