'Powdered milk' drug cocktail kills six
published : 12 Jan 2021 at 09:41
writer: Gary Boyle
Police will crack down on a "new" type of drug known as "powdered milk ketamine", following the deaths of six people in Bangkok on the same day.
Police could not yet confirm whether the substance, which looks like powdered milk, was a combination of ketamine and sleeping pills as speculated, as the results of the autopsies had not yet been released.
An incident, like this, in which so many people died after taking the same drug on the same day has never haooened before, the national police chief said on Monday.
Police suspected that the substance might contain controlled medications smuggled in across the borders.
The chief said the six people were aged between 21-34 years. All of them were believed to have died after taking the drug as the white powdery drug was found at the scenes.
According to a police spokesman, the drug is a combination of heroin, ketamine, methamphetamine and a type of sleeping pill. The drug calms and stimulates the brain at the same time.
The father of one of the people who died on Sunday said his daughter left home around 8pm. After that, he sent her messages but they went unread until he was told of her death.
- autopsy: a medical examination of a dead person’s body to find out why they died - การชันสูตรศพ
- chief: a person with a high rank or the highest rank in a company or an organisation - หัวหน้า, ผู้นำ
- heroin (noun): a powerful illegal drug made from morphine, that some people take for pleasure and can become addicted to - เฮโรอีน, ยาเสพติดร้ายแรงชนิดหนึ่ง
- ketamine (noun): a drug that causes a lack of feeling in the body -
- medication: a medicine, or a set of medicines or drugs used to improve a particular condition or illness - ยารักษาโรค
- methamphetamine: a stimulant drug that increases alertness and energy, but which is dangerous when taken in large amounts or over a long period of time - ยาบ้า
- powder (noun): a very fine, soft, dry substance that you can put on your face to make it look smooth and dry - แป้ง
- smuggle: to take drugs, money, people, etc. to or from a place secretly and often illegally - ลักลอบนำเข้า
- speculate: to consider or discuss what might happen or might have happened - คาดการณ์ อนุมาน
- substance: a particular type of liquid, solid, or gas - สาร