Some provinces ease restrictions
published : 21 Jan 2021 at 09:32
writer: Gary Boyle
Several provinces have started to ease measures to curb the spread of Covid-19 after signs of an improved situation following the outbreak. The relaxation took effect from Wednesday.
He signed an order to allow dining in at food and beverage outlets between 5am-10pm.
Restaurants and other outlets where alcohol is normally allowed can open until 10pm.
In Kanchanaburi, hotels and resorts are allowed to reopen but are required to strictly comply with the government's Covid-19 measures.
Chai Nat province now allows community markets, farmers' markets, Pracharat markets and small-sized flea markets to reopen after they were ordered to close on Dec 24, 2020.
Only vendors who live in Chai Nat and have undergone Covid-19 screening can sell products at the markets.
Large flea markets are still not allowed to reopen. No new Covid-19 cases have been reported in the province for 17 consecutive days. All eight patients there have recovered and returned home.
In Nakhon Si Thammarat, the provincial governor ordered all 927 schools to prepare for reopening under strict disease control measures.
The Centre for the Covid-19 Situation Administration on Wednesday reported 59 new cases with one death, taking the country's tally to 12,653.
Learn from listening
- beverage: a drink of any type - เครื่องดื่ม
- community: a group of people who share the same job, interests, religion, etc - สังคม
- comply (verb): to obey a rule, law, agreement, etc. or do what someone asks you to do - ปฏิบัติตาม (กฎหมาย, ข้อเสนอ, ข้อตกลง etc.)
- ease: to make or become less severe, difficult, unpleasant, painful, etc - ทำให้ง่าย
- flea market: an outdoor market that sells second-hand (= old or used) goods at low prices - ตลาดนัด ตลาดของมือสอง
- governor: a person who is chosen to be in charge of the government of a state or province or a government agency - ผู้ว่าการรัฐ, ผู้ว่าราชการจังหวัด
- measures (noun): actions taken to solve a particular problem - มาตรการ
- prohibit: to not allow; to ban - ห้าม
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- tally: a record or count of a number of items - การบันทึกจำนวน