Motorcyclist dies in horrendous accident
published : 26 Jan 2021 at 12:14
writer: Gregory Morrissey
PRACHIN BURI: A motorcyclist was hit by a pickup and then run over by two trailer trucks on a highway in Muang district on Monday night.
The accident occurred about 9.30pm on Highway 33 (Prachin Buri-Prachantakham) in front of the Electronics and Alpine companies near Moo 13 village in tambon Don Khi Lek in Muang district, Pol Capt Mongkol Ralintha, a Muang police investigator, said.
Sirithon Chanudom, 20, told police her cousin Nonthakorn Hongthong, 33, was taking her on his motorcycle to work the night shift at Alpine.
Before she was able to free him, an 18-wheel trailer truck loaded with cassava roots ran over the motorcycle with Nonthakorn still under it. Ms Sirithorn said she was lucky to escape being hit.
The truck dragged the motorcycle, with Nonthakorn still trapped under it, along the road for about 50 metres before stopping.
Another 18-wheel trailer truck, also loaded with cassava roots, then also ran over the motorcycle and Nonthakorn.
The accident brought traffic to a halt. The road was closed for about an hour.
Nonthakorn's body was taken to Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital.
Police were still questioning witnesses.
- cassava: a tropical plant with roots that can be cooked and eaten or made into flour - มันสำปะหลัง
- gore (n): thick blood that has flowed from a wound, especially in a violent situation -
- halt: a stop - การหยุด, การหยุดชั่วครา
- mutilated (adj): badly damaged and torn apart, usually a person's body - ถูกตัดแขนหรือขาหรือส่วนสำคัญของร่างกายออก,ถูกทำให้เสียโฉม
- paralysed: to cause to be unable to move - ทำให้เป็นอัมพาต
- polio: a serious infectious disease that mostly affects children. It destroys muscle and can cause paralysis (=lack of movement in your arms and legs). - โรคโปลิโอ
- speed away (past: sped away): to move away from something very quickly - ไปด้วยความรวดเร็ว
- splatter: (of a liquid) to hit a surface violent and spread over an area - กระเด็น
- witness: a person who sees something happen or knows about something - ผู้ที่เห็นเหตุการณ์, พยาน