Prayut orders study into Covid passports
The government will look into the future use of Covid-19 passports, says Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.
The prime minister ordered the Foreign Ministry to conduct a study into Covid-19 vaccine passports.
The passport includes certification that its owner has been vaccinated against the coronavirus disease.
"Opinions about the Covid-19 vaccine passport system still vary, even in Thailand," the prime minister said.
Countries such as United States, the United Kingdom as well as those in the European Union are reportedly among those considering a digital passport that would allow citizens to show they have been vaccinated.
The passport idea has critics -- especially among physicians and rights groups who question the efficacy of the vaccines and whether or not they will be able to totally protect people against Covid-19.
Learn from listening
- certification: an official document stating that someone has passed an examination or has achieved the qualifications necessary to do something - เอกสารการรับรอง
- citizen: someone who has the right to live permanently in a particular country - พลเมือง
- consider: to give careful thought to something before making a decision - พิจารณา
- efficacy (noun): the ability of something to produce the results that are wanted ความมี - ประสิทธิภาพ, ความสามารถ, สมรรถภาพ
- opinion: your feelings or thoughts about somebody/something, rather than a fact - ความเห็น, ความคิดเห็น, ทัศนคติ
- physician: a doctor, especially one who is a specialist in general medicine and not surgery - หมอ,แพทย์, นายแพทย์
- right: something that you are morally or legally allowed to do or have - สิทธิ
- study: a project that looks at some subject in great detail and produces a report to share the information - งานวิจัย
- vaccinate: to give someone a vaccine, usually by injection (putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe), to prevent them from getting a disease - ฉีดวัคซีน
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน