Police deny arrest of singer
Police on Tuesday denied news reports that they had arrested Chai-amorn Kaewwiboonpan, aka "Ammy The Bottom Blues".
Mr Chai-amorn's whereabouts were unknown on Tuesday night.
"We haven't received any report that Mr Chai-amorn was arrested or put in police custody," police said on Tuesday evening after local media reported Mr Chai-amorn had been arrested.
Mr Chai-amorn is one of three people wanted on charges of lese majeste, arson and violation of the Computer Crime Act.
The three were suspected of setting fire to a portrait of the His Majesty the King and damaging state property outside Klongprem Central Prison in Chatuchak district in the early hours of Sunday.
Police claimed they have footage from security cameras at the scene.
According to a source, Mr Chai-amorn got out of a Toyota Fortuner to set fire to the portrait while two other people waited in the car.
Learn from listening
- arrested: caught by the police and taken to a police station because you are believed to have committed a crime - ถูกจับกุม
- arson: the illegal use of fire to destroy a house, building, or property; an arsonist is a person who commits arson - การลอบวางเพลิง
- custody: the state of being in prison or under police control, especially while waiting for trial - การกักขัง, การคุมขัง
- footage: film of a particular subject or event - ฟิลม์หรือคลิปภาพยนตร์
- lese majeste: the crime of offending, threatening or showing disrespect for a member of the royal family - หมิ่นพระบรมเดชานุภาพ
- portrait: a painting, photograph, drawing, etc. of a person - ภาพวาดหรือภาพถ่ายคน
- unknown (adj.): someone who you do not know who they are; unfamiliar - ที่ไม่รู้, ที่ไม่เป็นเป็นรู้จัก
- violation: an action that is against a law, agreement, principle, etc. - การฝ่าฝืน
- whereabouts: where someone is - ที่อยู่,สถานที่,ตำแหน่งที่