Thailand adds 3 deaths, 1,390 Covid cases Monday
The government on Monday recorded three additional Covid-19 deaths and 1,394 new infections, all but six transmitted inside Thailand.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said the new deaths included a 56-year-old man who died in Buri Ram on Sunday. He had worked in a bar near Nana in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok before returning to his home province during the Songkran holiday.
Another death was of an 84-year-old woman who died on Friday, with records showing she was in contact with her grandson who worked at a nightspot on Ratchadaphisek Road and was infected with the virus.
The third fatality was a woman, 61, who died on Sunday after testing positive at a hospital in Hua Hin.
The new infections on Monday included 1,384 local transmissions and six imported cases. It was the first time in three days that the number dropped below the 1,500 mark. The country registered 1,543 cases on Thursday, 1,582 on Friday and 1,547 on Saturday and 1,767 on Sunday.
Bangkok saw cases drop to 293 from 346 on Saturday, while new transmissions in Chon Buri fell to 98 from 229. In Chiang Mai, however, cases rose from 164 to 197, according to CCSA figures.
The CCSA asked people to stay careful, adding, "High number will come back if we are complacent."
The Public Health Ministry hopes restrictions will lower the spread of the virus next month.
- complacent: too confident and relaxed because you think you can deal with something easily, even though this may not be true - ที่พึงพอใจ, ชะล่า
- contact (noun): a situation in which people or things touch each other or come very close to each other - การสัมผัส
- diagnosed (verb): having found out what physical or mental problem someone has by examining them - วินิจฉัยโรค, พบสาเหตุ
- doubt: a feeling of being uncertain about something/someone or not believing something - ความสงสัย
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- nightspot: a place people go to for entertainment at night - สถานบันเทิงกลางคืน
- restriction: a rule, action or situation that limits or controls someone or something - การจำกัด, การควบคุม
- test positive: to show in a medical test that a particular virus, bacteria, disease or drug is present in the body - ตรวจพบว่าติดเชื้อ