Two deaths, 1,458 new cases Wednesday
Two new deaths related to Covid-19 and 1,458 new infections have raised the death toll to 110 and the number of cases to 46,643.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said on Wednesday the 109th death was a Thai woman, 56, in Bangkok who suffered from several health problems.
The 110th death was a Thai man, 32, in Nonthaburi province. He had allergies and was in contact on April 4 with a Covid case.
The 1,458 new cases on Tuesday were 1,454 local infections and four quarantined arrivals, from Japan (two Japanese, one Thai) and Malaysia (a Thai woman).
Of the 1,454 local infections, 1,346 were confirmed at hospitals and 108 found through mass testing in communities.
Bangkok logged 365 new cases - 84 linked to markets, communities and transport services, 31 to entertainment places, parties, concerts and restaurants, and 250 who were in contact with previously infected people.
Chiang Mai had 134 new cases, Chon Buri 80, Nonthaburi 69, Rayong 64, Samut Prakan 54 and Phrachuap Khiri Khan 47.
- allergy: a medical condition in which you become sick or your skin becomes covered with red marks as a reaction to something you eat, breathe or touch - อาการแพ้ ภูมิแพ้
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- contact (noun): a situation in which people or things touch each other or come very close to each other - การสัมผัส
- log: to put information in an official record or write a record of events - ลงบันทึก
- suffer (from): to be badly affected by a disease, pain, sadness, a lack of something, etc - เป็นโรค, ประสบความทุกข์