Seven Covid deaths, 1,470 new cases Thursday
The government on Thursday reported seven more deaths related to Covid-19, raising the toll to 117, and 1,470 new cases, for a total of 48,113.
Taweesilp Visanuyothin of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said the 111th death was a Thai woman, 24, with obesity, in Phatthalung province.
The 112th death was a 68-year-old Thai woman with allergies, in Saraburi province.
The 113th death was a Thai man, 83, with hypertension and high cholesterol, in Bangkok.
The 114th death was a Thai woman, 80, with diabetes, in Nakhon Pathom.
The 115th death was a Thai man, 45, with hypertension and high cholesterol, in Bangkok.
The 116th death was a Thai male, 59, with diabetes. He lived in Bangkok.
The 117th death was an 86-year-old Thai man with heart disease, in Bangkok.
The death toll this month in the latest wave of Covid-19 was now 23, Dr Taweesilp said.
All the 1,470 new cases over the previous 24 hours were local infections, of which 1,370 were confirmed at hospitals and 100 via mass testing.
Bangkok logged 446 new cases, up from 350 on Tuesday and 365 on Wednesday. Meanwhile, there were 118 new cases in Nonthaburi, 99 in Chiang Mai, 97 in Chon Buri and 42 in Songkhla.
The huge number of hospitalised cases was a heavy burden on medical and health personnel, Dr Taweesilp said.
- allergy: a medical condition in which you become sick or your skin becomes covered with red marks as a reaction to something you eat, breathe or touch - อาการแพ้ ภูมิแพ้
- burden: to give somebody a duty, responsibility, etc. that causes worry, difficulty or hard work - เป็นภาระ
- cholesterol: a substance found in the blood and cells of the body that can cause disease in the heart and blood vessels if there is too much of it - คอเลสเตอรอล, สารประกอบอินทรีย์ประเภทสเตอรอยด์ สูตรเคมีคือ C27H45OH พบในเลือด เนื้อเยื่อประสาท สมอง ตับ และต่อมหมวกไต [พจนานุกรมศัพท์ สสวท.]
- diabetes: a serious medical condition in which your body does not produce enough insulin to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood - โรคเบาหวาน
- hypertension: high blood pressure - ความดันโลหิตสูง
- mass: a large amount of something - ปริมาณมาก
- obesity: being overweight, which can have a negative effect on health -