50 infected by virus in Klong Toey
At least 50 people in a Klong Toey community in central Bangkok have been confirmed as being infected with the Covid-19 virus.
A mobile unit tested 925 residents in the community on Tuesday.
The infected will be taken to field hospitals as quickly as possible.
The BMA is continuing to proactively search for Covid-positive people.
Meanwhile, Baan Thai Boutique Hotel, in Bangkapi district, has been inspected ahead of its opening as a 300-bed hospital-cum-hotel, or "hospitel" today.
The operation is being run with Taksin Hospital to accommodate patients with mild symptoms.
The Baan Thai hospitel will have a 24-hour emergency medical service plus rescue vans that aim to deliver patients to hospital inside 15 minutes.
Also prepared in the hospitel are X-ray machines to examine especially sick patients.
Patients will also be able to report their daily health condition to an online platform which records their health information and allows them to chat with doctors through chats and video calls.
Authorities have set up a community isolation centre in Phra Khanong district to isolate patients from the Klong Toey community while they await hospitalisation.
Learn from listening
- BMA (noun): the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration; the local government of Bangkok - กรุงเทพมหานคร
- community: the people living in one particular area - ชุมชน
- field hospital (noun): a temporary hospital, e.g. near a battlefield, a natural disaster, etc. -
- hospitalisation: when a person must stay at a hospital for the treatment of a disease or injury -
- isolate: to separate from other people - แยกจากกัน
- isolation: set apart from; disconnected from - แยกออกมา ตั้งอยู่เดี่ยวๆ
- mild: not strong - เบา, ไม่หนัก, ไม่รุนแรง
- proactively: taking action and making changes before they need to be made, rather than waiting for problems to be developed - อย่างมั่นใจ. ซึ่งเข้าควบคุมสถานการณ์,
- rescue: saving a person or animal from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - การช่วยชีวิต
- symptoms (noun): signs that someone has an illness - อาการ