18 Covid deaths, 1,911 new cases Thursday
The government on Thursday reported 18 new Covid-19 deaths over the past 24 hours, and 1,911 new cases, raising the total to 76,811.
In the third wave of Covid-19, that started at the beginning of last month, there were 47,948 cases, 19,369 of whom have already recovered.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said six of the deaths were in Bangkok, three in Samut Prakan province, two each in Nonthaburi, Chiang Mai and Samut Sakhon and one each in Pathum Thani, Yala and Sing Buri.
Thirteen were women and five were men. They were aged 45-100 years.
Twelve deaths were people who had close contact with infected family members, one caught the disease from a previously confirmed case, another from a friend, one visited a risk area in Chiang Mai province, one lived in a risk area and two were vendors at malls.
Bangkok had 739 new cases, Nonthaburi 273, Samut Prakan 143, Chon Buri, 76, Samut Sakhon 65, Surat Thani, 53, Nakhon Pathom 47, Ayutthaya and Chachoengsao 35 each and Pathum Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat 31 each.
There were nine new imported cases.
The death toll is now 336.
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- contact (noun): a situation in which people or things touch each other or come very close to each other - การสัมผัส
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- risk: the possibility that something dangerous or unpleasant might happen - ความเสี่ยง
- vendor: someone who sells something, but often not in a shop - พ่อค้าแม่ค้าแผงลอย
- wave: an activity or situation which is happening again or is being repeated after a pause -