22 Covid deaths, 1,630 new cases Monday
The government recorded 1,630 new coronavirus cases on Monday, and 22 deaths.
The death toll passed 400, however, rising by 22 to 421.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Monday the fatalities were 13 victims in Bangkok, two in Chiang Mai and one each in Chachoengsao, Khon Kaen, Maha Sarakham, Pathum Thani, Rayong, Samut Prakan and Suphan Buri.
Two died the same day they received their test results, while seven others passed away within a week of their diagnoses.
The number of new cases in Bangkok dropped by almost by half from the 980 recorded on Sunday to 565 on Monday, but the capital still logged more cases than any other province. Nonthaburi came second with 158 cases, followed by Samut Prakan (116) and Samut Sakhon (85).
Clusters under surveillance in Bangkok were Soi Phetchaburi 5 and 6 in Ratchathewi district and an office building in Yannawa district.
There were also eight imported cases.
- cluster: group of people, animals or things close together - กลุ่ม
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- diagnosis: the act of discovering or identifying the exact cause of an illness or a problem - การวินิจฉัยโรค
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- pandemic: a disease that affects almost everyone in a very large area - โรคที่มีการแพร่กระจายหรือระบาดไปทั่ว
- sharply: suddenly and by a large amount - อย่างเร็ว
- surveillance: the process of carefully watching a person or place - การเฝ้าตรวจตราอย่างเข้มงวด
- tally: a record or count of a number of items - การบันทึกจำนวน