Vaccination centre opens in shopping mall
The first Covid-19 vaccination centre outside a hospital was opened on Wednesday at the CentralPlaza Ladprao shopping mall.
About 1,000 people who had registered for vaccinations via the "Mor Prom" app received jabs at the centre on Wednesday.
Most of them were government officers, Covid-19 prevention volunteers and people in high-risk groups.
The vaccination centre at CentralPlaza Ladprao is open from 8.30am–5pm every day until all the registered recipients are vaccinated.
The government will roll out mass vaccinations starting next month with the goal to speed up national immunisation.
The government is also vaccinating people in areas with high rates of infections such as in Samut Sakhon and the Klong Toey community in Bangkok.
More than a dozen non-hospital vaccination centres will be opened in Bangkok. The number will soon increase to 25 in Bangkok before branching out to the provinces.
Learn from listening
- branch out (verb): to start doing something new and different -
- dozen: a group of twelve of the same thing - หนึ่งโหล
- immunisation (noun): the act of protecting a person or an animal from a disease, especially by giving them an injection of a vaccine - การก่อภูมิคุ้มกัน
- mass: large amounts or numbers - ปริมาณมาก จำนวนมาก
- prevention: preventing something bad from happening - การป้องกันภ้ย
- recipients: people who receive something - ผู้รับ
- vaccinate: to give someone a vaccine, usually by injection (putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe), to prevent them from getting a disease - ฉีดวัคซีน
- vaccination (noun): giving someone a vaccine, usually by injection to prevent them from getting a disease - การฉีดวัคซีน