25 new Covid deaths, 9,635 new cases Monday
Twenty-five Covid-19 deaths and 9,635 new cases were reported on Monday, bringing the total to 111,082 cases.
Of the new cases, 6,853 were found in prisons, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.
Data from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) showed that prisons in Chiang Mai and Bangkok held the most infected inmates.
Aside from the 6,853 new prisoners diagnosed with Covid-19, Bangkok led new transmissions with 1,843 cases, followed by Samut Prakan (155) and Pathum Thani (146).
CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the biggest concern was a continued surge in Bangkok with 28 clusters in 19 districts.
They were Din Daeng, Wattana, Klong Toey, Lak Si, Lat Phrao, Ratchathewi, Phra Nakhon, Promprap Sattruphai, Suan Luang, Pathumwan, Sathon, Samphanthawong, Chatuchak, Bang Rak, Prawet, Wang Thonglang, Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok Noi and Huai Kwang.
The 25 deaths logged on Monday comprised 18 in Bangkok and one each from Suphan Buri, Sukhothai, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Sawan and Chai Nat.
The government also recorded nine imported cases.
The death toll is now 614.
- cluster: group of people, animals or things close together - กลุ่ม
- comprise: to consist or be made up of two or more things - ประกอบด้วย
- death toll: the number of people killed - ยอดผู้เสียชีวิต
- diagnosed (verb): having found out what physical or mental problem someone has by examining them - วินิจฉัยโรค, พบสาเหตุ
- import: to buy or bring in products from another country - นำเข้า
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- prison: a place where criminals are put to stay for a period of time as punishment for a crime - คุก, ,เรือนจำ
- prisoner: a person who is kept in prison as a punishment, or while they are waiting for trial - นักโทษ
- surge: a sudden increase in something - การเพิ่มขึ้นอย่างรวดเร็ว
- transmission: the spread of a disease from one person or animal to another - การแพร่เชื้อ