14,150 cases announced Tuesday
Thailand logged 118 new Covid-19 fatalities and 14,150 new cases over the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Tuesday morning.
The new numbers marked a fall in new cases but a rise in fatalities compared to the figures announced on Monday.
The 14,150 new cases were 13,905 in the general population and 245 among prison inmates.
On Monday, 9,168 Covid-19 patients recovered and left hospitals.
Since April 1, around when the third wave of Covid-19 began, there have been 497,965 Covid-19 patients, 323,217 of whom have recovered.
Since the pandemic started early last year, there have been 526,828 Covid-19 cases, 350,643 of whom recovered.
The death toll was at 4,170 in the third wave and 4,264 from the beginning of the pandemic early last year.
-- More to follow from the afternoon briefing --
- announce: to tell people something officially, especially about a decision, plans, etc - ประกาศ, แจ้ง, แจ้งให้ทราบ
- briefing: a meeting in which people receive information or instruction - การสรุปแบบสั้นๆ
- fatality: a death caused by an illness, accident, crime or war - การเสียชีวิต
- figures (noun): amounts, numbers - จำนวนเลข, ตัวเลข
- inmate: someone who is kept in a prison, mental hospital or other institution - ผู้ถูกกักกัน, ผู้ถูกกักบริเวณในเรือนจำหรือโรงพยาบาล
- patients (noun): people who are receiving medical treatment - คนป่วย, คนไข้
- recovered: became fit and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย