Covid closes Phetchabun factory
A sugar factory in Phetchabun province has been ordered closed for seven days after approximately 90 workers were found to be infected with Covid-19.
The provincial communicable disease committee announced closure of the factory, located in Si Thep district, after infections were discovered on Sunday through active case-finding by health officials.
The committee subsequently ordered the factory to close for seven days, effective from Jul 27 to Aug 2. Infected workers were admitted to Si Thep Hospital for treatment while others were required to quarantine at home.
Earlier, 3,481 workers at a chicken processing factory in Bung Sam Phan district tested positive for the coronavirus, as did 138 other people living near the factory.
- admitted (verb): (of a hospital) accepted for medical treatment - รับ, ให้เข้า, การรับเข้า, อนุญาตให้เข้า
- approximately: used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or correct - โดยประมาณ
- communicable disease: a disease that can spread from one person or animal to another - โรคที่สามารถติดต่อได้
- order (noun): something that somebody is told to do by somebody in authority - คำสั่ง
- period: a particular length of time - ระยะเวลา
- quarantine (verb): to keep a person or animal that might have a disease separate from other people or animals so that they do not catch the disease - กักบริเวณ จำกัดบริเวณ
- subsequently: happening or coming after something else - ซึ่งตามมา