Woman gets 2 Covid shots in one day
An old woman accidentally received two jabs of the AstraZeneca vaccine when she went to a vaccination centre in Buriram on Saturday.
A man posted on Facebook a picture of the woman with a message: "In Buri Ram. Grandma Somwang Jukul received two shots of AZ at the same time on Aug 14. This morning a health official called and asked about her condition. She is doing well. Thanks all for showing care for her."
Mrs Somwang, 70, told Thai media that on that day she went to the vaccination centre with her family. They all had an appointment to receive a second vaccine shot, after getting the first shot of Sinovac on July 24.
Mrs Somwang said she received a shot in the right arm. She waited there for a while as instructed. She was then called by another nurse at another table, who told her to sit down. Without asking, the nurse gave her another shot, this time in the left arm.
Mrs Somwang did not protest because she was unaware it coulld be a mistake.
- care for: to look after somebody who is sick, very old, very young, etc. - ดูแล
- exhaustion (noun): the state of being very tired - ความเหนื่อยอ่อน, ความอ่อนเพลีย, การหมดแรง
- instruct (verb): to tell somebody to do something, especially in a formal or official way - สั่ง
- protest: to make a strong complaint or disagreement - ประท้วง
- shot: putting a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe; an injection - การฉีดยา
- symptoms (noun): signs that someone has an illness - อาการ
- vaccine: a substance which contains a form that is not harmful of a virus and which is given to a person or animal to prevent them from getting the disease which the virus causes - วัคซีน