Woman hit by bullet fired by road-rage gunman
A woman was hit by a bullet in front of her house as two men fired shots at her son-in-law's pickup truck, which had cut in front of them, in Nakhon Ratchasima on Thursday night.
Lonlada Thanitsawong, 58, was hit in the leg and rushed to a hospital.
Her son-in-law told police that while he was driving his pickup truck to Ms Lonlada's house two men on a motorcycle followed him, abusing him and claiming he had cut in front of their bike.
The two men followed him all the way to Ms Lonlada’s home, where she and other family members were eating in front of the house.
The bike following him had stopped about 150 metres past the house. He saw one of the men take something from under the seat and point it in his direction, then heard a gunshot. His mother-in-law was hit in the right leg by the bullet, he said.
The two men fled on the motorcycle.
Police said that they would track down the shooter and his accomplice.
Learn from listening
- abuse: to use or treat someone or something wrongly or badly, especially in a way that is to your own advantage - ใช้ในทางที่ผิด
- accomplice: a person who helps someone else to commit a crime or to do something morally wrong - ผู้สมรู้ร่วมคิด
- bullet: a small, metal object that is shot from a gun - กระสุนปืน
- cut in front: when a car or other vehicle suddenly and dangerously moves in front of your car on the road -
- flee: to leave a place or person quickly because you are afraid of possible danger - หนี อพยพ
- road rage (noun): a situation in which a driver becomes extremely angry at something that has happened, especially another driver, and which often results in a violent action -
- track down (verb): to try to follow and find someone or something - ตามรอย