Army ranger shoots wife, mother-in-law dead
An army ranger was on the run after his wife and her mother were shot dead and her sister wounded at their house in Songkhla late on Thursday night.
The shooting followed a heated argument, heard by neighbours, at their home around 10.22pm on Thursday.
Two women were found dead inside the house with gunshot wounds. The mother, 58, was shot twice in the head and found lying face-down on the floor. Her daughter, 38, was also shot in the head twice.
A third woman had been shot in the right arm. She was taken to hospital.
Police concluded that the victims were shot by Pheeraphat Onchart, 37, an army ranger, and husband of the daughter.
Police have launched a major hunt for the man.
Learn from listening
- conclude: to decide that something is true after looking at all the evidence you have - สรุป
- heated: angry - โกรธ, ฉุนเฉียว
- hunt (noun): an act of looking for somebody/something that is difficult to find - การค้นหา, การติดตาม
- ranger: a person whose job is to take care of a park, a forest or an area of countryside - เจ้าหน้าที่ดูแลป่าหรืออุทยาน
- wound: an injury in which your skin or flesh is damaged - บาดแผล