Ministry plans B600m concerts
The Tourism and Sports Ministry expects to spend 500-600 million baht on concerts in Bangkok and Phuket after it was confirmed that two artists -- 'Lisa' and Andrea Bocelli -- will perform.
"Bringing both artists to Thailand is beyond economic value, particularly Lalisa 'Lisa' Monaban, the young Thai K-pop singer, who is a huge inspiration for the youth of the country," said Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.
He said both singers have been confirmed to perform in Thailand, with the opera star Bocelli's performance set to take place in Bangkok at Sanam Luang, with the Grand Palace as the background.
Lisa's show might be held in Phuket at Sarasin Bridge, the road link from the mainland to the island, said Mr Phiphat.
He said the event should be co-hosted by the government and the private sector, with 200 million baht coming from the state budget, and 300-400 million from private sponsorship.
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is awaiting the artists' availability for dates and time slots. A New Year's celebration is the most preferred date for the TAT.
"With their busy work schedules, we have to wait and see whether they can come for the countdown," said Mr Phiphat.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration approved on Thursday entry without quarantine for vaccinated arrivals from some countries starting on Nov 1.
- confirm (verb): to state or show that something is definitely true or correct, especially by providing evidence - ยืนยัน
- inspiration: someone or something that gives you new ideas or enthusiasm to do something - แรงบันดาลใจ
- mainland: a large mass of land that forms the main part of a country but does not include any islands belonging to the country - แผ่นดินใหญ่
- opera: a drama or play with lots of singing -
- preferred: wanted more than anyone or anything else - ซึ่งชอบมากกว่า
- private sector: businesses and industries that are not owned or controlled by the government - ภาคเอกชน
- schedule: a list showing the times at which particular events will happen - ตารางเวลา
- sponsorship: when a person or company that pays for a radio or television programme, or for a concert or sporting event, usually in return for advertising - ผู้อุปถัมภ์, ผู้ทำการโฆษณาทางวิทยุหรือโทรทัศน์
- state: government - รัฐ
- value (noun): the quality of being useful or important - ประโยชน์, คุณค่า,คุณประโยชน์