Couple arrested for sex live-stream
Police have arrested a transgender woman in Tak for allegedly live-streaming sex with her boyfriend to paying subscribers in a Line group.
Karnklao Klomkan, 30, known as Nong Phrai, was arrested while walking along a road in Sam Ngao district of Tak on Thursday.
The suspect was wanted on an arrest warrant for putting pornography into a computer system and related charges.
The arrest followed a complaint that a website was encouraging people to join an online group that featured sexual shows.
Investigators identified one of the people in the shows.
Karnklao allegedly admitted the offences. The man in the videos was her boyfriend, the suspect said.
The suspect said they started streaming live sex last year. The subscription rate was 700 baht per person and many people had joined the Line group.
Learn from listening
- allegedly: claimed to have done something wrong, but not yet proven - ที่ถูกกล่าวหา
- arrest: (of the police) taking someone to a police station because they are believed to have committed a crime - การจับกุม
- arrest warrant: a document signed by a judge allowing police to arrest someone - หมายจับ
- charge: to accuse someone officially of committing a crime - ตั้งข้อกล่าวหา
- complaint: when someone says that something is wrong or not satisfactory - การร้องเรียน
- investigators (noun): people whose jobs are to officially find out the facts about something - ผู้สอบสวน, ผู้สำรวจ, ผู้ตรวจสอบ
- offence: a crime or illegal activity for which there is a punishment - การกระทำผิดกฎหมาย
- pornography: books, magazines, DVDs, etc. that describe or show naked people and sexual acts in order to make people feel sexually excited, especially in a way that many other people find offensive - หนังสือ ภาพ เรื่องเขียน หนังและศิลปะที่ลามก
- subscriber: someone who pays money to an organization in order to receive a product, use a service regularly or support the organisation - ผู้ใช้บริการ
- suspect: a person who is thought to have committed a crime - ผู้ต้องสงสัย