AoT says nearly 25k to fly daily in November
An estimated 726,000 air passengers are expected to travel on domestic and international flights in the country this month, or about 24,200 per day, according to Airports of Thailand (AoT).
The AoT predicts only one-third of the total estimate, approximately 270,500, will be passengers on international flights operated to and from Thailand; the rest will be travelling via domestic flights.
A total of 31 inbound flights carrying about 2,600 passengers landed at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Tuesday, the second day of the country's reopening, according to airport general manager Kittipong Kittikachorn. Of those passengers 1,500 were foreign nationals, he said.
Also at Suvarnabhumi on Monday, more than 30,000 people registered and were approved for automated Covid-19 safety clearance under the Thailand Pass system, which is compulsory for visitors arriving in the country.
Under the system, now in place at all international airports in Thailand, passengers' vaccination documents are checked and verified using a QR code
- automated (adj): done by machines or equipment instead of people - ปฏิบัติการหรือควบคุมโดยขบวนการอัตโนมัติ
- clearance: official permission that allows someone to do something, to go to a particular country, or to be told particular information -
- estimated: thought to be a particular amount, size, etc. based on a guess or the best information available - ประมาณการ
- inbound: travelling towards a particular point, particularly into a city - ขาเข้า (opposite of outbound ขาออก)
- QR code (n): a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing information for reading by the camera on a smartphone -
- resolve: to solve a problem, or to find a satisfactory way of dealing with it - แก้ไขปัญหา
- shortage (noun): when there is not enough of something - การขาดแคลน
- verified: checked to make sure that something is true or accurate - การพิสูจน์ความจริง, การตรวจสอบความเป็นจริง
- via (preposition): using, by way of, through - โดยทาง, โดยเส้นทาง, ทาง