Man dies after Moderna jab following Sinovac
A man died at his home in Samut Prakan on Tuesday shortly after receiving a dose of Covid-19 vaccine, Moderna, following a dose of Sinovac in September.
Police were called to a house and found Sithipol Bovornkittipaisal, 26, lying dead on the floor.
Sithipol's mother said her son had recieved the first dose of Sinovac vaccine in early September, but did not say where.
He went to a hospital on Tuesday afternoon and was inoculated with the Moderna vaccine.
He returned home with no sign of side effects, she said.
However, late on Tuesday night, he began experiencing chest pain and breathing difficulties.
When a medical team arrived, Sithipol was already dead.
His body was taken for an autopsy to establish whether his death was related to the Covid-19 vaccination.
- autopsy: a medical examination of a dead person’s body to find out why they died - การชันสูตรศพ
- breathing (noun): bringing air in and out of the lungs - การหายใจ
- difficulty (noun): a problem; a thing or situation that causes problems - ความยากลำบาก
- establish: to discover, prove, or decide that something is true - พิสูจน์, แสดงให้เห็น
- inoculate: to treat a person or animal with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease -
- side effects (noun): unpleasant effects of a drug that happen in addition to the main effect - ผลข้างเคียง