Antigen tests plan for visitors
The National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) has approved a plan to replace RT-PCR tests with antigen testing for visitors travelling from 63 countries who are allowed to enter Thailand without 14-day quarantine.
The change will apply to visitors under the "test and go" scheme, with vaccination certificates, and RT-PCR certificates issued 72 hours prior to their travel. Upon arrival, they will undergo antigen testing from time to time.
Under the "test and go" scheme, visitors from the 63 countries stay just one night at a hotel certified by the Safety and Health Administration Plus standard while waiting for their RT-PCR test result.
The Department of Medical Services also signed an agreement to buy 50,000 courses, equal to 2 million pills, of molnupiravir, the world's first oral medication for the treatment of Covid-19.
The Department of Disease Control (DDC) yesterday also signed an agreement to buy another 30 million doses of Pfizer vaccines which will be given as booster shots next year.
Deputy Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the test replacement is in line with the second phase of the reopening starting from Dec 1.
Learn from listening
- agreement (noun): an arrangement, a promise or a contract made with somebody - ข้อตกลง, คำสัญญา
- booster (noun): something that gives extra strength - สิ่งที่เพิ่มกำลังหรือความแข็งแรง
- certificate: an official document or record stating that particular facts are true - หนังสือรับรอง
- from time to time: sometimes but not often - บางครั้ง
- in line with: similar to or corresponding with another thing - สอดคล้องกับ
- phase: a particular period of time during the development of something - ตอน, ขั้นตอน, ช่วง, ระยะ
- vaccination (noun): giving someone a vaccine, usually by injection to prevent them from getting a disease - การฉีดวัคซีน