Man shot 10 times by motorcyclist
A man died in a hail of bullets as he fled a gunman who stopped a vehicle driven by a woman he was travelling with in Kanchanaburi on Monday morning.
The dead man was identified as Ampol Bungthong, 27, from Phetchabun.
Police said he was shot 10 times, in the head and body. Bullet holes were also found in nearby shop walls.
The attack happened about 8.20am.
Ampol was a passenger the pickup of Rojana Cheewee.
An eyewitness said the gunman parked his motorcycle in front of the pickup truck at the intersection and tried to open the driver's door while arguing with the woman driver.
The victim had opened the front passenger door and run away, back up the road.
The gunman chased him on his motorcycle and shot him.
Police had yet to question the woman and identify the gunman.
- argue: to speak angrily to somebody because you disagree with them; to give reasons why you think that something is right/wrong, true/not true, etc, especially to persuade people that you are right - โต้เถียง, โต้แย้ง, เถียง, อ้างเหตุผล
- bullet: a small, metal object that is shot from a gun - กระสุนปืน
- chase: an act of running or driving after somebody/something in order to catch them - การไล่ตาม
- identified (verb): named, searched for a discovered - ระบุ
- identify: to specify who someone is - ระบุชื่อ
- intersection: a place where roads, lines, etc., join or cross each other - สี่แยก
- passenger: someone who travels in a motor vehicle, aircraft, train, or ship but is not the driver or one of the people who works on it - ผู้โดยสาร