Gov worker arrested for street murder
A man has surrendered to police to face a charge of murdering a passenger in his mother's car, who was chased down by a motorcyclist and shot dead in Kanchanaburi on Monday.
Relatives accompanied Sitthichai Mankhong, 29, a local government employee, to surrender to police.
The victim, Ampol Bungthong, 27, was shot 10 times, in the head and body, with a 9mm pistol, police said.
Ampol was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by Rojana Cheewee, 50. A motoryclist confronted the pickup and driver when it stopped at an intersection about 8.20am.
Ampol ran from the pickup, chased by the man on the motorcycle, to the car park of a shopping mall. There, the motoryclist shot him dead, firing repeatedly at him. A surveillance camera recorded the gunman shooting the victim.
Mr Sitthichai is Ms Rojana's son.
He faces a charge of murder.
Learn from listening
- accompanied (verb): with someone else going with you - ติดตาม, ร่วมทาง, เดินทางไปด้วย
- charge : an official statement accusing someone of committing a crime - ข้อกล่าวหา
- confront: to stand in front of someone in a frightening way - เผชิญหน้า
- employee: someone who is paid regularly to work for a person or an organisation - ลูกจ้าง
- pistol: a small gun that you hold in one hand - ปืนพก,ปืนสั้น
- relative: a member of your family - ญาติพี่น้อง
- surrender: to give yourself up - ยอมจำนน
- surveillance camera: a camera kept in a place to record what happens there, especially criminal activity - กล้องวงจรปิดเพื่อรักษาการความปลอดภัย
- victim: someone who has been affected by a bad situation, such as a disaster, illness or an accident - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย