Fighter plane crashes in Lop Buri
A pilot was seriously injured after an F-5 fighter jet crashed during training in Lop Buri province around noon on Friday.
An Air Force spokesman said on Friday that the fighter plane of Wing 21 crashed into a training field in Chai Badan district at around 11am.
The pilot managed to eject himself from the plane. He sustained serious injuries and was rushed to a hospital, said the spokesman.
The air force chief has already received the report about the plane crash and expressed his concern for the injured pilot.
The injured pilot was later named as W/Cdr Sutthimet Ouamma, 36.
He had two broken legs and a broken left arm, was out of danger and his condition stable.
The crashed plane reportedly came to rest in a large pond, but there was debris scattered over the area.
The air force will investigate the incident.
A source said while the plane was almost 40 years old, it had received proper maintenance. The air force has a fleet of 19 jets of the same model based in Ubon Ratchathani province.
- debris: broken pieces that are left when something large has been destroyed - เศษ ซากปรักหักพัง ซากสิ่งของที่ถูกทำลาย
- eject: (of a pilot) to escape from an aircraft that is going to crash, sometimes using an ejector seat - ดีดตัวออกจากเครื่องบิน (ขณะฉกเฉิน)
- fleet: a group of vehicles, planes, boats, or trains, especially when they are owned by one organisation or person - กลุ่มรถแท๊กซี่, รถโดยสาร, หรือเครื่องบินที่อยู่ในบริษัทเดียวกัน
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- investigate: to try to find out the facts about something in order to learn the truth about it - ตรวจสอบหาความจริง
- maintenance: the act of keeping something in good condition by checking or repairing it regularly - การซ่อมบำรุง
- pilot: a person who operates the controls of an aircraft, especially as a job - นักบิน
- pond: a small area of still water, especially one that is artificial - บ่อน้ำ, สระน้ำ
- scattered: spread over a large area or time period - กระจัดกระจาย
- spokesman: a person who speaks on behalf of a group or an organization - โฆษก
- stable: with a healthy mental and emotional state - มีสุขภาพจิตดี
- sustain: to experience, injury, damage, loss, etc. - ประสบกับ (ความสูญเสีย การเจ็บป่วย)
- training (noun): teaching people how to do a certain job or activity - การฝึกอบรม, การฝึก, การอบรม