Approved Test & Go travellers can arrive after deadline
Travellers who were previously approved for the Test & Go Thailand Pass can enter the country after the Jan 15 deadline, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.
The CCSA said 30% of the approved Test & Go travellers had arrived before the New Year, and this rose to 50% during the New Year holiday.
The government earlier suspended the one-night quarantine Test & Go entry programme indefinitely as Omicron variant infections began to spread rapidly.
However, previously approved Test & Go registrants were allowed to continue arriving, and the deadline was extended from Jan 10 to Jan 15.
"Previously approved travellers can still arrive after the Jan 15 (this Saturday) deadline. The CCSA at its next meeting will consider additional measures," a spokeswoman said.
Officials were monitoring arrivals in this group, as well as those in the Sandbox entry programme. They would ensure that infections did not overload the local health system, she said.
- deadline: a time or day by which something must be done - เส้นตาย
- indefinitely: for a period of time with no fixed end - ไม่มีข้อกำหนด
- measures (noun): actions taken to solve a particular problem - มาตรการ
- overload: having too much of something to be able to handle or process it - ใช้งานมากไป
- registrant (noun): a person who registers - ผู้ลงทะเบียน
- spread: gradually affecting or covering a larger area - การแพร่กระจาย
- suspend: to stop for a period of time - ยกเลิกชั่วคราว, ระงับชั่วคราว
- variant: a thing that is a slightly different form or type of something else - สิ่งที่ผันแปร, สิ่งที่แตกต่างกัน