Man pours beer on woman who turns out to be boxer
A woman got into a street fight with a man who earlier poured beer on her because she declined to have a drink with him.
The fight was recorded on camera and the video was widely shared on social media on Tuesday.
Pareploy Saeaia, 24, posted the video on her Facebook page and wrote that she was having dinner in Huai Kwang district, Bangkok, on Monday night. The man then approached her, asking her to clink glasses with him but she refused.
About five minutes later, he came over and poured beer all over her while she was eating. The fight started by the roadside.
"If this happens to other women, they might choose not to respond. The guy's choosing the wrong person because I'm a boxer," Pareploy wrote.
A complaint had been filed against him with Huai Kwang police, she added.
In the video, Pareploy was seen punching and kicking the man and swearing at him. Although he did not fight back, he did not apologise for his actions.
On Tuesday, the two reported to the police station. They settled the case by apologising and paying a 1,000-baht fine each.
According to media reports, the woman became a professional muay Thai boxer at a young age. Since 2013, she had won several medals in the national level.
She currently works as a trainer.
The man, who worked in a hotel, has since been sacked from his job in response to the incident.
(Video below includes strong language)
Learn from listening
- apologise: to say you are sorry for doing something wrong or for causing a problem - ขอโทษ
- approach: to move closer to someone or something - เข้าใกล้
- complaint: when someone says that something is wrong or not satisfactory - การบ่น, ข้อที่ไม่พอใจ
- medal: a flat piece of metal, usually shaped like a coin, that is given to the winner of a competition or to somebody who has been brave, for example in war - เหรียญรางวัล
- pour (verb): to make a liquid or other substance flow from a container in a continuous stream, especially by holding the container at an angle - เท
- refuse (verb): to say or show that you will not do something; to say or show that you will not do something that someone has asked you to do - ปฏิเสธ
- respond: to say or do something as a reaction to something that has been said or done - ตอบสนอง, ตอบรับ
- sack: to remove someone from a job; to fire - ปลดออกจากตำแหน่ง
- swear: using bad words and strong impolite, rude or offensive language when talking to or about another person; coarse language, foul language, bad words, vulgar language, lewd language, swearing, cursing, cussing, expletives (Source: Wikipedia) -
- turn out: to be discovered to be; to prove to be - กลับกลายเป็น