Thailand Pass to end on June 1
The cancellation of Thailand Pass registration is expected to take place on June 1, with tourists using their TM6 immigration form for vaccine declaration, says the Tourism and Sports Ministry.
After the Test and Go scheme is scrapped from May 1, the removal of Thailand Pass will stimulate more travel to the country, said Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.
He said Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul already agreed to end the Thailand Pass scheme.
Eliminating Thailand Pass means Thai embassies and consulates can reduce their workload, as they worked to help approve the required documents.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration must approve this proposal at its meeting next month.
Tourists might be required to complete their vaccination record on the TM6 immigration form upon arrival, said Mr Phiphat.
Meanwhile, the plan to collect a 300-baht tourism fee from international travellers will be submitted to the cabinet within the next two weeks to begin in around three months.
Learn from listening
- cabinet: the group of government ministers who make and approve government policy - คณะรัฐมนตรี
- eliminate: to get rid of completely - กำจัดหรือขจัดให้หมดไป
- immigration: dealing with people entering and leaving the country - การตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
- proposal: a plan or suggestion for a group to consider - ข้อเสนอ
- scrapped: decided not to continue with something, such as a plan or event - ยุติแผนที่วางไว้
- stimulate: to make something develop or become more active; to encourage something - กระตุ้น, ส่งเสริม
- workload: the amount of work that has to be done by a particular person or organisation - ปริมาณงานที่คนหรือเครื่องจักรทำได้ระยะเวลาหนึ่ง