Further easing of Covid controls expected
The government will on Friday consider further relaxation of Covid-19 controls to allow more businesses and activities to resume, and possibly lower its Covid alert level late this month.
A government spokesman said on Thursday the domestic Covid-19 situation had improved, with declining numbers of new cases and related fatalities.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) would therefore on Friday review disease control zoning and consider allowing more activities to resume.
The spokesman also said the Public Health Ministry might lower its Covid-19 alert from level 3 to level 2 by month's end.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had instructed officials to maintain effective Covid-19 controls and encourage vulnerable groups of people to get vaccinated against Covid-19. The prime minister is the head of the CCSA.
Learn from listening
- domestic: relating to a person's own country - ภายในประเทศ
- resume: to begin again after stopping for a period of time - ดำเนินต่อไปใหม่, กลับมาอีกครั้ง
- situation: all the circumstances and things that are happening at a particular time and in a particular place - สถานการณ์
- spokesman: a person who speaks on behalf of a group or an organization - โฆษก
- therefore: as a result of the reason that has just been mentioned - เพราะฉะนั้น, ดังนั้น
- vulnerable: easily damaged or harmed - ซึ่งถูกทำลายได้ง่าย
- zone: an area that has an important or typical feature; an area where a particular activity is allowed or not allowed - พื้นที่, บริเวณ, เขต