Govt considers ending Thai Pass
The Ministry of Public Health has given a loose time frame for when it will decide upon dropping the Thailand Pass for foreigners.
To make its decision, the ministry needs more information about cases coming from foreign entry to reach a conclusion, Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said.
"It's possible that we will cancel the registration requirement of Thailand Pass for foreigners. We need one more month then we will have a clear answer," he said.
Mr Anutin said the country is now relaxing many regulations due to the improving situation regarding daily infections.
The minister gave examples of the latest easing of measures with the opening of pubs, bars and karaoke venues in provinces labelled blue and green zones to boost tourism next month.
He expressed confidence there would be cooperation from related business operators in following the ministry's health safety advice.
Learn from listening
- boost: to increase; to strengthen - เพิ่ม; ทำให้มีกำลังมากขึ้น
- cancel (verb): to decide to stop something that has been arranged from taking place - ยกเลิก
- confidence: the quality of being certain - ความมั่นใจ
- consider: to give careful thought to something before making a decision - พิจารณา
- cooperation: working together to achieve a result that will benefit all sides - ความร่วมมือ, การทำงานร่วมกัน
- decision (noun): a choice or judgement that you make after thinking and talking about what is the best thing to do - การตัดสินใจ
- ease: to make a problem, situation or pain less severe or serious - บรรเทา
- entry (noun): the act of going into a place - การเข้า
- registration: the process of recording names or information on an official list - การขึ้นทะเบียน, การลงทะเบียน
- regulation: an official rule that controls the way that things are done - กฎระเบียบ
- relax: to make rules, controls, conditions etc less strict -