Nightlife venues warned to stay safe
The government has urged operators of nightlife outlets to follow precautions against Covid-19 strictly after they reopen for business next week.
Last Friday, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) approved the reopening of such venues in 31 provinces from June 1 but they will still be required to close at midnight.
They include pubs, bars, karaoke bars, massage parlours and other nightspots.
The 31 provinces, with 14 reclassified as green zones in the CCSA's colour-coded Covid-19 situation zoning and 17 recognised as blue zones, will still be required to follow the Covid-free setting measures set by the Ministry of Public Health.
Also last Friday, the CCSA decided to scrap the Thai Pass requirement for Thai nationals returning from abroad by air from June 1.
Only night entertainment venues in the 31 provinces will be allowed to reopen. They must also refrain from holding promotional activities.
- classification: dividing or sorting things into groups according to their type - จัดประเภท
- massage parlour: a place where you can pay to have a massage - โรงนวด,สถานบริการ (อาบ,อบ,นวด)
- precautions: things done to protect people or things against possible harm or trouble - การป้องกันไว้ก่อน
- promotional (adj.): related activities done in order to increase the attendance at an event or sales of a product or service - การส่งเสริม
- refrain: to stop yourself from doing something - ระงับ เลิก
- required (noun): forced to do or have something, especially because it is necessary according to a particular law or set of rules - ถูกบังคับ
- scrap: to get rid of; to stop using or accepting - เลิก, ทิ้ง
- urge: to advise someone very strongly about what action or attitude they should take - ผลักดัน, กระตุ้น
- zoning (noun): when government controls how the land is used in different areas of a city or country, limiting some areas to homes, other areas to stores and yet other areas to factories - การแบ่งอาณาเขตของประเทศหรือเมืองหนึ่งๆ ออกเป็นเขตต่างๆ