Covid hospitalisations up in Bangkok
The number of Covid-19 patients admitted to hospitals in Bangkok has risen by 10% since last month, when entertainment places reopened.
The chief of the Department of Medical Services said on Thursday said that last month there were about 900 Covid-19 patients at hospitals in the capital, and the number rose to about 1,000 this month.
“It is a 10% increase from last month, when strict regulations were still in place. However, it is normal under the circumstances, with more relaxed regulations and especially the reopening of entertainment places,” he said.
The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration intends to declare the whole nation a green (Covid-19 surveillance) zone and completely restore business and other activities.
With the declaration, entertainment places would revert to their pre-Covid-19 operating hours. Closing hours would be either midnight, 1am or 2am depending on what kind of place.
Officials have said previously the declaration was expected to begin on July 1, when the Public Health Ministry was also likely to redefine Covid-19 as an endemic disease.
- circumstances (noun): facts or conditions that affect a situation - เหตุการณ์แวดล้อม
- declaration: an official announcement that something is true or is happening - การประกาศ
- declare: to announce officially - ประกาศ
- endemic: regularly found in a particular place or among a particular group of people and difficult to get rid of - ประจำท้องถิ่น
- hospitalisation: when a person must stay at a hospital for the treatment of a disease or injury -
- restore: to bring somebody/something back to a former condition, place or position - กลับคืน, กลับมารับตำแหน่ง
- revert (verb): when something returns and goes back to what they were before - กลับสู่สภาพเดิม