Full vaccination, negative tests allow quick entry for arrivals
From July 1 travellers arriving by air must be fully vaccinated or test negative for Covid-19 to enter the country immediately, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand.
CAAT said on Monday that it had informed airlines of the new arrival conditions, which take effect on Friday.
It said the country would stop the need for arrivals to register their inbound travel using the Thailand Pass system before departure.
Fully vaccinated air passengers could enter without having to show a Covid-19 test result. If they were sick, they should use a rapid antigen test.
Unvaccinated and inadequately vaccinated people must test negative for Covid-19 no more than 72 hours before their arrival, so they could enter the country immediately.
CAAT said it advised air passengers to continue wearing face masks while aboard their planes.
Learn from listening
- aboard (adj.): on a boat or airplane; on board -
- condition: something that must be done before another thing can happen - เงื่อนไข
- departure: leaving - การออกจาก
- immediately (adv): happening right after something else with no delay; right away - ทันที
- inadequate: not enough, or not good enough for a particular purpose - อย่างไม่เพียงพอ
- inform: to tell somebody about something, especially in an official way - แจ้งให้ทราบ
- take effect: to begin to be used or required - ส่งผล