Thais in Cambodia charged with stealing taxi
Cambodian police have arrested three Thais and charged them with stealing a taxi when the driver stopped to go to the toilet.
The Khmer Times reported on Thursday that the Thai suspects, two men and a woman, were arrested in Takeo province and were being interrogated by police.
The news website did not say when they were arrested. The woman was identified only as Wen, 29, from Amphawa district of Samut Songkhram, and the two men as Pak Lamsapit, 20, from Bangkok; and Usen Sukkirati, 27, from Chanthaburi.
They were passengers in a taxi travelling from Kandal province to Sihanoukville. The three allegedly drove off in the taxi when the driver made a stop and left the vehicle to urinate, according to the Khmer Times.
The three suspects entered Cambodia through Poipet, the report said.
Learn from listening
- allegedly: claimed to have done something wrong, but not yet proven - ที่กล่าวหา
- identified (verb): named, searched for a discovered - ระบุ
- interrogate: to ask someone a lot of questions in order to get information - สอบถาม,ซักถาม
- suspect: a person who is thought to have committed a crime - ผู้ต้องสงสัย
- urinate: pass waste water from bladder, piss - ถ่ายปัสสาวะ