Singaporean killed, 7 hurt in Phuket crash
A Singaporean woman was killed and seven others, including her four compatriots, injured when a car she was driving hit a tour bus in Phuket on Friday night.
The accident was reported around 10.50pm.
Police found a badly damaged Toyota Yaris and a small white bus with a broken windscreen on Patak Road in tambon Karon.
While the car was coming downhill, the driver lost control of her vehicle, causing it to hit the bus, which earlier took a group of tourists to Kata beach.
The impact of the crash caused five Singaporean tourists including the bus driver and two tour guides to sustain injuries. One of the guides was a South Korean national.
The Singaporean woman driver was unconscious at the scene and died on the way to the hospital.
Learn from listening
- compatriots: people who are from the same country as you are - คนชาติเดียวกัน
- damaged (adj): having received physical harm makes something less attractive, useful or valuable - ได้รับความเสียหาย
- impact (noun): the force with which one object hits another - แรงกระแทก
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- national: a citizen of a particular country - ประชาชน
- sustain: to experience, injury, damage, loss, etc. - ประสบกับ (ความสูญเสีย การเจ็บป่วย)
- unconscious : in a sleeplike condition, usually from an illness or injury - หมดสติ
- vehicle: a machine that you travel in or on, especially one with an engine that travels on roads, e.g., a car, bus, van, truck, etc. - ยานพาหนะ