More Rama II Road danger
Another construction accident has added to the hazards on Rama II Road, with a steel bar falling onto a car on Tuesday afternoon.
It crashed through "Safety First" barriers and hit the side of a Honda Civic.
No one was injured and the contractor promised compensation for the damage.
The Highways Department apologised for the safety issues on Rama II Road.
Last Thursday a car was heavily damaged when a canvas cover filled with rainwater fell on the same road.
- apologise: to say you are sorry for doing something wrong or for causing a problem - ขอโทษ
- barrier: a bar or gate that stops people, animals or vehicles from entering a place - สิ่งกีดขวางทางผ่าน
- beam: a long thick piece of metal, concrete, wood, etc. especially used to support weight in a building or other structure - คานรับน้ำหนัก
- bungle: to do something in a careless or stupid way - ผิดพลาด
- canvas: a strong heavy rough material used for making tents, sails, etc., or, in this case, the floor of a boxing ring - ผ้าใบ,เต็นท์, พื้นเวทีมวย
- elevated: raised above the ground, or higher than the surrounding area - ซึ่งอยู่ในระดับที่สูงกว่าสิ่งอื่น
- hazard: something that is dangerous and likely to cause damage - สิ่งที่เป็นอันตราย
- mould: to give something a particular shape or form - ปั้น
- safety (n): the condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury -
- steel (noun): a strong hard metal that is made of a mixture of iron and carbon - เหล็ก