Policewoman in court for abuse of maid
published : 2 Dec 2022 at 09:06
writer: Gary Boyle
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Online Reporters
A policewoman whose alleged abuse of her maid made headlines three months ago, and her boyfriend, have been arraigned in court on charges including human trafficking.
The alleged victim, a former soldier who has not been named, and her lawyer were at Ratchaburi Provincial Court when Pol Cpl Kornsasi Buayaem, 43, was arraigned for the alleged assault and torture of her former maid on Thursday.
The accused woman is being detained at Ratchaburi Central Prison. She attended the hearing online.
She and her boyfriend Khomsit Janphanit were indicted on seven counts, including human trafficking and physical abuse causing bodily harm.
Kornsasi, 43, of the Special Branch Bureau, reported to police in Ratchaburi on Aug 20 after her 30-year-old former employee told reporters she had been detained and physically abused by her boss before finally managing to run away.
The former maid said the injuries she suffered to her body had healed except for her nose, which had been broken.
The torture allegations were first exposed on a TV show in August.
Learn from listening
- abuse (noun): cruel, violent or unfair treatment, especially of someone who does not have the power to prevent it - การข่มเหง, การปฏิบัติไม่ดีต่อ
- allegations (noun): accusations - ข้อกล่าวหา
- arraign (verb): to bring somebody to court in order to formally accuse them of a crime - ฟ้องกล่าวโทษ,นำตัวขึ้นศาล
- assault: attacking someone violently - การทำร้ายร่างกาย
- count: each crime someone is accused of - คดี
- detained: kept in a place and not allowed to leave - กักตัว ควบคุมตัวหรือฝากขัง
- human trafficking: the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of sexual slavery, forced labor or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others (Source: Wikipedia) - การค้ามนุษย์
- indicted (verb): officially accused someone of a serious crime - ถูกฟ้องร้อง
- injury (noun): physical damage done to a person or a part of their body - อาการบาดเจ็บ
- lawyer: an attorney - ทนาย
- torture: to cause great physical or mental pain to someone - ทรมานให้เจ็บปวด
- victim: someone who has been harmed, injured or killed as the result of a crime - เหยื่อผู้เคราะห์ร้าย