Kanye West kicked off Twitter
Elon Musk kicked Kanye West off Twitter on Friday “for incitement to violence”, after the rapper posted a picture that appeared to show a swastika with a Star of David.
The post came hours after an interview with the American conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, in which West declared his “love” of Nazis and admiration for Adolf Hitler.
In an hours-long appearance on Infowars, the show fronted by Jones, West — now known as Ye — wore a black mask completely covering his face, as he ranted about sin, pornography and the devil.
“I like Hitler,” West said several times.
West, who has hinted he is running for US president in 2024, has spoken openly about his struggles with mental illness.
The businessman has seen his commercial relationships crumble after a series of controversial comments.
- admiration: a feeling of respect and liking for somebody/something - การชื่นชม, การยกย่องชมเชย
- conspiracy: a secret plan by a group of people to do something bad or illegal - การวางแผนอย่างลับๆ การสมรู้ร่วมคิด
- controversial: causing disagreement or disapproval - ความไม่ลงรอยกัน
- crumble: to break, or cause something to break, into small pieces - แตกละเอียด
- hint: to say or do something that shows, but not directly, what is meant - แย้ม
- Nazi (n): a member of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party that controlled Germany from 1933 to 1945 under Adolf Hitler, or someone who believes in fascism (= state control of social and economic life and extreme pride in country and race, with no political disagreement allowed) -
- pornography: books, magazines, DVDs, etc. that describe or show naked people and sexual acts in order to make people feel sexually excited, especially in a way that many other people find offensive - หนังสือ ภาพ เรื่องเขียน หนังและศิลปะที่ลามก
- rant: a loud and angry complaint about something - พูดโวยวาย, พูดโผงผาง
- sin: an action, thought, or way of behaving that is wrong according to religious laws - บาป
- struggle: a difficult fight or an attempt to defeat someone - การต่อสู้เพื่อความอยู่รอด
- swastika: an ancient symbol in the form of a cross with its ends bent at an angle of 90°, used in the 20th century as the symbol of the German Nazi party - เครื่องหมายนาซี, สัญลักษณ์สวัสดิ
- theorist: a person who develops ideas and principles about a particular subject in order to explain why things happen or exist - นักทฤษฎี, ผู้สร้างทฤษฎี