Wild elephants block road in Khao Yai
A large number of tourists were left stranded on a road out of Khao Yai National Park for over an hour when the road was blocked by wild elephants.
Park officials closed the road and did not allow cars carrying tourists to leave the park for safety reasons after a herd of about 10 wild elephants began roaming along the road as it was getting dark.
Nathaporn, a tourist, said she was excited to have an opportunity to take pictures of the wild elephants of Khao Yai up close.
She said the elephants looked very calm and peaceful. In her view, the elephants had provided the tourists with added excitement.
- calm: peaceful and quiet; without anxiety - ใจเย็น,ไม่ตื่นเต้น, สงบ
- herd: a large group of animals of the same type that live and move about together - ฝูงสัตว์
- jumbo: an elephant (the adjective jumbo means very large) -
- officials: people who have the power to make decisions or enforce the law - เจ้าหน้าที่ผู้มีอำนาจ
- roam: to move or travel around in no particular direction - เดินโดยปราศจากจุดหมาย
- shepherd (verb): to guide somebody or a group of people or animals somewhere, making sure they go where you want them to go - นำทาง, ชี้นำ
- strand: to leave someone somewhere with no way of going anywhere else - ปล่อยเกาะ ถูกทิ้งไว้