Three killed on Hua Hin railway crossing
A policeman and two women were killed and another man seriously hurt when their car was hit by a train at a crossing in Hua Hin in the early hours of Thursday.
The crash occurred at the Soi Hua Hin 94 crossing in Hua Hin about 4am, police said.
There were three dead people in the overturned white car - the driver, a policeman from Hua Hin police station, and two women passengers. A seriously injured man also trapped in the wreck was rushed to Hua Hin Hospital.
Police said the four people were returning home from a party.
The crossing was controlled by automatic barriers. Nakhon Si Thammarat-Bangkok express train No 86 was leaving nearby Hua Hin railway station for the South as the car approached the crossing.
The car driver appeared not to have noticed the approaching train and drove around the barrier and onto the track.
Police were investigating.
Learn from listening
- approach: to move closer to someone or something - เข้าใกล้
- barrier: a bar or gate that stops people, animals or vehicles from entering a place - สิ่งกีดขวางทางผ่าน
- injured (adj): hurt in an accident, natural disaster, attack, etc. - ได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- investigate: to try to find out the facts about something in order to learn the truth about it - ตรวจสอบหาความจริง
- occurred (verb): happened - เกิดขึ้น
- overturn: to turn upside down or on the side - พลิกคว่ำ, คว่ำลง
- rush: to move or do something very quickly - รีบเร่ง, วิ่ง
- serious (adj): (of a problem) very bad -
- trapped : to be unable to leave a place - ถูกกับดัก
- wreck: a vehicle or building that is in a bad condition and needs a lot of work - ซากรถหรือตึกที่เก่า พัง