City a top 10 NYE party spot
published : 27 Dec 2022 at 07:21
writer: R May
ORIGINAL SOURCE/WRITER: Mongkol Bangprapa
Bangkok has been named among the top 10 destinations in the world to celebrate New Year's Eve this year as it booms back to life after the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a CNN report.
The report said Bangkok often tops round-ups of Asia's best nightlife cities and so naturally is a popular place to ring in the New Year.
"You may want to continue the celebration at one of Bangkok's stunning bars such as Sky Beach Bangkok, the city's highest bar, or Sirocco, also set high above the bustling streets," the report said.
And when the revelry becomes a hangover, enjoy some downtime on Jan 1 at a temple such as Wat Pho, with its reclining Buddha, it said.
Apart from Bangkok, CNN said the other nine great places where people can enjoy New Year's Eve are Sydney in Australia, Taipei in Taiwan, Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, Cape Town in South Africa, Rome in Italy, London in the United Kingdom, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, New York and Las Vegas in the United States.
Separately, a recent BBC News survey named Thailand the top destination for North American and European tourists.
The survey found 57.4% of respondents polled were more likely to visit Thailand than other countries in Southeast Asia.
- apart from (prep): except for - นอกเหนือจาก
- boom (verb): to have a period of rapid growth; to become bigger, more successful, etc. - เจริญรุ่งเรือง
- destination: the place where someone or something is going - จุดหมายปลายทาง
- hangover (noun): the bad feeling the day after drinking a lot of alcohol - อาการเมาค้าง, เมาค้าง
- naturally: in a way that you would expect - แน่นอน, อย่างที่คาดไว้
- reclining Buddha: an image of the Buddha lying in a relaxed way - พระนอน
- revelry: having a party; having fun with other people -
- round-up: a summary of facts or events -
- separately (adv): not together; as a separate person or thing - ต่างหาก; เป็นรายบุคคล
- stunning: very impressive or beautiful - สวยตระการตา น่าตะลึง
- survey (noun): an investigation of the opinions, behaviour, etc. of a particular group of people, which is usually done by asking them questions - การสำรวจ