Foreign man attacked, seriously injured in Pattaya
A foreign man was attacked and seriously injured in Pattaya late on Saturday night, police said.
Police said the incident occurred in Soi Jomtien 13 in Bang Lamung district. It was reported to about 10 minutes after midnight.
Police and rescuers found the man, a foreigner whose identity and nationality were not yet known, lying in a pool of blood. He had been stabbed six times in the neck and torso. He said only that he had been attacked by a friend.
The man was admitted to a hospital.
Footage from security cameras in the area showed the man arriving at Soi Jomtien 13 on a motorcycle with a pillion rider. After he stopped the bike, a foreign man wearing a white shirt and black trousers walked up to him and attacked him with a knife. After the man fell to the ground, the attacker kicked him several times before fleeing on the victim's motorcycle.
The injured man tried to walk away from the spot but fell to the ground about 20 metres away, leaving a trail of blood behind him.
Passers-by who witnessed the attack called police.
Police were looking for the attacker.
- blood (noun): the red liquid that flows through the bodies of humans and animals - เลือด
- flee (past form: fled) (verb): to leave a place or person quickly because you are afraid of possible danger or consequences - หนี
- incident: something that happens, usually something bad - เหตุการณ์
- nationality: the official right to belong to a particular country - สัญชาติ,เชื้อชาติ, ชนชาติ
- occurred (verb): happened - เกิดขึ้น
- pillion rider (noun): a person who rides behind the driver of a motorcycle or bicycle - ผู้ที่นั่งบนเบาะนั่งซ้อนท้าย (รถจักรยานยนต์, จักรยาน)
- rescuers (noun): people who save someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation - ผู้ช่วยชีวิต
- stabbed: when someone is killed or hurt by a knife or other sharp object being pushed into their body - แทงด้วยอาวุธ
- torso: the main part of the body, not including the head, arms or legs - ลำตัว
- trail: long line or series of marks that is left by somebody/something - ร่องรอยที่ทิ้งไว้ให้ตามได้