Breaking: Janie and "Ae" divorce (Updated Fri.)
published : 30 Jul 2014 at 08:00
writer: Terry Fredrickson
Latest: Janie left for LA on Thursday. Earlier: Janie posts an instagram message. A photo of her appears on a plane. Actress Janie Tienphosuwan and Chonsawat "Ae" Asavahame are officially no longer a married couple. The divorce took place Tuesday afternoon in Samut Prakan
Please join us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/bangkokpostlearning
Friday evening update
Finally, we now know that Janie did leave on schedule for Los Angeles early Thursday afternoon. A large media contingent was at the airport to cover her departure, but she escaped into a VIP room, leaving a friend to talk to them. Her friend said Jane was doing well and was not overly distressed.
And what about her other friend who claimed Janie actually left Thursday evening? Sorry, I mixed up the dates, she said.
The Thai language media is continuing its intense coverage of the unhappy end to the marriage between actress Janie Tienphosuwan and millionaire Chonsawat "Ae" Asavahame, chairman of the Samut Prakan Provincial Administration Organisation.
All major newspapers have coverage of yesterday's divorce proceedings in Samut Prakan. Matichon reports that the couple appeared not to speak to each other and they signed the divorce papers separately. Both left quickly without talking to the media.
ASTV Manager Online has posted a photo of Janie on an airplane standing next to a Thai Airways steward, indicating that she has indeed left the country earlier than her scheduled departure on July 31. The Daily News says she was on her way to Los Angeles. (Still waiting for confirmation on this.)
Late last night, Janie herself posted a message on her @janienineeleven instagram account to her 500,000 followers.
Janie's instagram message posted last night.
She thanked everyone for the concern they had shown over her situation. She said she had remained silent because she was hoping to solve her problem. Finally, however, she has resolved to start a new life. She apologised to the many people who she has disappointed and to the friends she has caused trouble for. She also apologised to the media for not being ready and strong enough to tell her story. She ended by thanking everyone who has given her moral support and good wishes. This has great value to her, she said
Tuesday final update
From our online reporters
Janie and "Ae" divorce
Somchai Amornwattanasawat, district chief officer of Muang Samut Prakan, told reporters Mr Chonsawat and Ms Janie came to the district office to sign the divorce papers on Tuesday.
He said Mr Chonsawat came with two friends while Ms Janie was accompanied by her mother and a lawyer.
"It didn't take long for them to sign the documents since they've made agreements in advance. The two sides went their separate ways after the signing," Mr Somchai said.
It is now not clear if Janie has left the country as reported by one of her close friends.
Tuesday evening update
Post Today reports that a close friend of Janie has revealed that Janie has already left for the United States, having finished her work early. Her friend refused to talk about Janie's marriage or rumours that she had been physically abused.
Tuesday morning update
Sources close to Actress Janie Tienphosuwan say she will not be holding a press conference today as rumoured, but she will be leaving for the United States on Thursday for a one-month stay. (Khao Sod)
Some of the photos that have appeared in the media since Saturday.
Janie and "Ae" rumours become "talk of the town"
One of the big stories in the Thai-language media in recent days concerns the apparently stormy relationship between Actress Janie Tienphosuwan and husband Chonsawat "Ae" Asavahame, chairman of the Samut Prakan Provincial Administration Organisation.
As the TNN 24 entertainment reporters cautioned their audience a few days ago, everything is still rumour, but that doesn't stop a good story.
The bruised face
The couple made headlines again when pictures emerged of a brutally beaten woman who closely resembles the actress. The pictures of the woman started appearing in the media on Saturday. The woman had a bruised left eye and a large bruise on her upper right arm and back.
Media reports say Janie is likely to talk to the media tomorrow (Tuesday) and is planning a trip to the United States.
In her regular Sunday column, the Bangkok Post's own Mae Moo, had this to say about the relationship.
Actress Janie Tienphosuwan is dropping hints that her marriage to a millionaire businessman is over, cancelling her Facebook account (correction: Instagram account) and starting a new one in which she has posted the song, Begin Again.
Her new (instagram) account, named Janienineeleven, last week also carried the message: “How you see your future is much more important than what has happened in the past.”
Neither superstar Janie nor her husband, Chonsawat “Ae” Asavahame have gone before the media, despite claims their marriage ended amid a storm of acrimony.
Media reports say Ae, chairman of the Samut Prakan Provincial Administrative Organisation, has taken up with a young woman who helps him prepare for his weekend motor racing meets, while Janie is now seeing a tomboy businesswoman, Kalayada “Ju” Lohacharoenvanich.
Sources late last week said Janie is preparing to break her silence and plans a month-long trip overseas to recover from her ordeal. Ae has refused to comment on his marriage, saying his duties as an elected official are more important.
Information from our online reporters and Bangkok Post's Sunday column by Mae Moo.
- abuse (verb): to use cruel, violent or unfair treatment, especially of someone/something who does not have the power to prevent it - ข่มเหง, ปฏิบัติไม่ดีต่อ
- amid: in the middle of; at the same time as - ท่ามกลาง, ระหว่าง
- apparently: based only on what you have heard or think, not on what you are certain is true; seemingly - ตามที่ได้รู้มา
- beat: to hit someone violently several times - ตี, เคาะ, หวด, ตบ, เฆี่ยน
- bruised: injured; damaged - บวมช้ำ, ถูกทำร้าย
- brutally: in an extremely violent or cruel way - อย่างโหดร้าย
- caution: to warn; to tell someone about a danger or problem that they need to know about or avoid - เตือน
- certificate: an official document or record stating that particular facts are true - ประกาศนียบัตร เกียรติบัตร
- claim (noun): saying that something is true although it has not been proved and other people may not believe it - ข้ออ้าง ข้อกล่าวหา
- concern: a worry - ความกังวล
- concern: to be about - เกี่ยวกับ
- contingent: a group of people who have something in common - คณะ
- couple: two people who are married or are involved in a romantic relationship - คู่แต่งงานกัน, คุ่รัก
- coverage: the reporting of news and sport in newspapers and on the radio, television or social media - การรายงานข่าว
- departure: leaving - การออกจาก
- disappoint: to fail to satisfy someone or their hopes, desires, etc.; to cause someone to feel unhappy - ทำให้ผิดหวัง
- distressed: upset and anxious - กังวลใจ, ไม่มีความสุข
- divorce: to take legal action to end a marriage - หย่า
- document: a paper or set of papers with written or printed information, especially of an official type - เอกสาร
- duty: something that you have to do because it is part of your job, or something that you feel is the right thing to do - หน้าที่, ภารกิจ, ความรับผิดชอบ
- emerge: to appear - ปรากฏออกมา
- entertainment: fun; behaviour or activities that are not serious but come from a sense of enjoyment - ความบันเทิง, ความสนุกสนาน
- headline: the title of a newspaper story that is printed in large letters - ข่าวพาดหัว
- hint: to say or do something that shows, but not directly, what is meant - แย้ม
- in advance: before the time that is expected; before something happens - ล่วงหน้า
- indicate: to show that something is true, exists or will happen - แสดง, ทำให้รู้
- intense: done with a lot of effort, energy, attention, etc. - เข้มข้น
- lawyer: an attorney - ทนาย
- media: radio, television, newspaper, the Internet, considered as a group - สื่อ
- moral support: giving someone encouragement - ให้กำลังใจ
- ordeal: an extremely unpleasant experience, especially one that lasts for a long time - ประสบการณ์ที่แสนสาหัส
- overseas: in another country - ต่างประเทศ
- press conference: an official meeting where someone makes a formal statement about a particular issue or event to journalists and answers their questions about it - การแถลงข่าว
- proceedings: the actions taken, usually in court, to settle a legal matter - การดำเนินการ
- Provincial Administration Organisation (noun): the government of a province - องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัด
- recent: happening or starting a short time ago - เร็วๆ นี้
- recover (verb): to become normal and healthy again - ฟื้นฟูสภาพ, ฟื้นฟูร่างกาย
- relationship: a sexual or romantic connection between two people - ความสัมพันธ์
- reporter: someone whose job is to write articles or make broadcasts about events in the news - ผู้สื่อข่าว, นักข่าว
- resemble (verb): to be like or look like someone or something else - มีลักษณะคล้ายกับ
- resolve: to make a formal decision - ตัดสิน, มีมติ
- rumour: a piece of information, or a story, that people talk about, but that may not be true - ข่าวลือ
- scheduled: planned to happen at a particular time or day - ตามตารางเวลา
- separate: to keep apart - แยก
- silence: a situation in which somebody refuses to talk about something or to answer questions - การไม่พูด, ความเงียบ
- silent: very quiet; without sound - เงียบ
- situation: all the circumstances and things that are happening at a particular time and in a particular place - สถานการณ์
- solve (verb): to successfully deal with a problem or difficult situation; to find out who is responsible for a crime - แก้ปัญหา, คลี่คลาย, หาคำตอบ
- source: someone who gives information - แหล่งข่าว
- steward (noun): a man whose job is to take care of passengers on a ship, an aircraft or a train and who brings them meals, etc - บริกรบนเครื่องบิน
- tomboy (noun): a young girl who enjoys activities and games that are traditionally considered to be for boys; a young woman or girl who acts like a boy or man - ทอมบอย, เด็กผู้หญิงแก่นแก้วที่มีนิสัยคล้ายผู้ชาย, ทอม
- VIP: very important person - บุคคลสำคัญ